1 hr 30 mins
Can be prepared as written for a side dish or a meatless entree, or with added chicken for a main dish. Recipe is from Crisco.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 poblano chiles or 4 green bell peppers
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 (6 inch) corn tortillas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups grated queso anejo or 2 cups mild parmesan cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream or 3/4 cup crema
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1HEAT oven broiler. Place rack 6 to 7-inches from heating element of oven. Lay chilies directly on oven rack. Broil 10 to 15 minutes or until chilies are brown and blistered, turning occasionally with tongs. Place chilies in bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to rest 5-10 minutes. Peel skin, remove stems and seeds; chop.
- 2HEAT oven to 350°F Coat 8 or 9-inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray.
- 3HEAT oil in large skillet on medium-low heat. Add onion and tortilla pieces. Cook 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in chopped chilies and cheese. Whisk eggs, sour cream, adobo sauce and cilantro. Pour over pepper mixture. Stir to combine. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- 4BAKE 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chile Poblano Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.9
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 107.9 mg
- Sodium 69.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: