Recipe by TJW
Like Chiles? Like Mushrooms? These overnight marinated mushrooms are great served on an appetizer tray or in salads or just gobbled on alone! From Pepper Fool
- 1 lb white mushroom (or brown)
- 3 dried chilies (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil (or salad oil)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush the mushrooms clean and place in a large jar with the chillies and thyme. Combine the vinegar, bay leaf, sugar and salt into a saucepan and slowly bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Whisk in the oil. Pour over the mushrooms to cover.
- Let sit for at least 8 hours. Serve with drinks or as a starter with crusty bread and salad greens.
- Best eaten within two days, but they last up to a week in the fridge.