- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 cups herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup canned mushroom, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 cups green chilies, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Mix all the meatball ingredients together and form small balls.
- Place them on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove and keep warm.
- To make the sauce: Saute the onions in the butter until translucent.
- Add the flour and brown somewhat.
- Next add tomatoes and mash well.
- Add the hot water, green chiles, garlic and salt.
- Simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over meatballs and mix gently.