Recipe by atm1970
This is a typical kid friendly comfort food meal. My own variation of a recipe from a good friend. It is a simple meal to make and great for a cold winter day dinner. If you like cheese as I do, you may add more then indicted below. You may substitute low fat shredded cheese and/or low carb elbows if desired. Serve with a salad and your done!
Top Review by Noo
Perfect comfort food!
I didn't have tomatoes with chillies, so just chopped up some jalapenos from a jar, which I always have in the house. Also used low fat cheese, and you would never have guessed.
Great flavours, nicely spiced...DH and I loved it...
Made for PAC-OCT '11.
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 2 (822.13 g) can diced tomatoes (with jalapenos if you like, I prefer jalapenos)
- 226.79 g bag cheddar cheese or 226.79 g bag monterey jack cheese or 226.79 g bag Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 35.43 g packet taco seasoning
- 226.79 g box elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1-2 green onions (optional) or 1-2 scallion, chopped for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to directions on the macaroni box.
- Drain and set aside to cool.
- Brown ground beef and add taco seasoning.
- In a large bowl add cooled elbows, ground beef, two cans of diced tomatoes.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Add 3/4 of the shredded cheese bag to bowl and mix.
- Transfer ingredients to a large lasagna pan.
- Add remaining cheese and put on top of the casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and lightly browned.