Recipe by Karen From Colorado
A unique chili using a mixture of meats. It is spicy and loaded with flavor. The name of this recipe used to be Chili Colorado, but I challenged my new friend, Chef #383557, to make and rename the recipe for me after he pointed out that it was not a typical Chili Colorado recipe. (Please see his delightful review. I changed the measurement of the stew meat because if his review and because I also prefer more of this meat in my chili. I also like his idea for marinading the stew meat.) It was all in good fun and I am pleased with the new name. Thank you Bruce! Thank you also too all the reviewers of this recipe.
Top Review by Charlotte J
Some like it HOT some like it COLD some like it....WOW was this HOT and I did not add the jalapeno juice or Tabasco sauce! But is it ever good and thick! Three out of five of us could eat it this hot. I'll make this one again using one jalapenos pepper. It cost a little over $11.98 to make not adding in the spices, onion, bell pepper or celery. Thanks Karen!
- 453.59 g hamburger
- 3 large jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 453.59 g hot breakfast sausage (I prefer Jimmy Dean's)
- 453.59 g stew meat
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 177.44 ml chopped bell pepper
- 425.24 g can kidney beans (optional)
- 44.37 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 170.09 g canchopped green chilies
- 425.24 g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 (850.48 g) can tomato sauce
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml cayenne
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 29.58 ml jalapeno juice
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 3.69 ml Tabasco sauce
- 51.76 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate stew meat with jalapeno juice, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Refrigerate 24 hours.
- Brown hamburger with onion, garlic, bell pepper and 1/2 tablespoon cumin.
- Brown sausage.
- Remove stew meat from marinade and brown.
- Mix all the meat together.
- Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, drained beans, jalapenos, chili powder, 3 tablespoons cumin, cayenne, oregano, green chilies, salt, sugar, and Tabasco.
- Cook on medium heat for 2 hours.