Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A unique chili using a mixture of meats. It is spicy and loaded with flavor. The name of this recipe used to be Chili Colorado, but I challenged my new friend, Chef #383557, to make and rename the recipe for me after he pointed out that it was not a typical Chili Colorado recipe. (Please see his delightful review. I changed the measurement of the stew meat because if his review and because I also prefer more of this meat in my chili. I also like his idea for marinading the stew meat.) It was all in good fun and I am pleased with the new name. Thank you Bruce! Thank you also too all the reviewers of this recipe.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 3 large jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 1 lb hot breakfast sausage (I prefer Jimmy Dean's)
- 1 lb stew meat
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans (optional)
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (6 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- Marinate stew meat with jalapeno juice, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Refrigerate 24 hours.
- Brown hamburger with onion, garlic, bell pepper and 1/2 tablespoon cumin.
- Brown sausage.
- Remove stew meat from marinade and brown.
- Mix all the meat together.
- Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, drained beans, jalapenos, chili powder, 3 tablespoons cumin, cayenne, oregano, green chilies, salt, sugar, and Tabasco.
- Cook on medium heat for 2 hours.