Recipe by TJW
Fresh Halibut steamed in banana leaves, with ginger, chile, lime juice, and fresh herbs. this dish is a done deal in less than 25 minutes, and the taste is out of this world!
- 4 (5 ounce) halibut fillets
- 2 1⁄2 inches fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Thai red chili peppers
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced in thin, 1 1/2 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 lemon, cut into 1/8 (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a bamboo steamer with banana leaves, or parchment paper.
- Lay the filets in the steamer and sprinkle the ginger, garlic, chiles and cilantro all over them.
- Steam for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove the lid, and add equal amounts of the green onions, and lime juice to each filet.
- Put the lid back on and steam for another 30 seconds, or until the fish is cooked through.
- Serve with sliced lemon, with rice.