1/1 Photo of Chile-Garlic Chicken Legs
Not sure where this came from, but it's super easy! The red pepper flakes give only the slightest touch of heat, so people who like spicy food will want to add more.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, skin side down, and cook until skin is golden and crisp, about 5 minutes. Flip and cook 2 minutes more. Transfer chicken to a plate. (May need to do this in batches, depending on the size of your saucepan.).
- 2Discard all but 1 tablespoon fat from pan. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- 3Stir in vinegar, soy sauce, red-pepper flakes, and sugar.
- 4Return chicken to pan, skin side up. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low; cook 15 minutes (liquid should be gently simmering; adjust heat if necessary).
- 5Uncover, raise heat to medium, and cook until sauce is reduced by half, at least 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chile-Garlic Chicken Legs
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.9
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 138.6 mg
- Sodium 2145.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 34.3 g