- 2 large tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 fresh jalapeno chiles, stem and pitch removed (seeds optional)
- 2 fresh habanero peppers, stem and pitch removed (seeds optional)
- 2 serrano chilies, stem and pitch removed (seeds optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop one of the tomatoes coarsely and place in a blender with one each of the jalapenos, habaneros, serranos, and the lime juice.
- Pulse until the mixture has broken down into a sauce.
- Chop the other tomato; also finely chop the remaining jalapeno, habanero, and serrano, placing all in a small bowl.
- Mix in onions, cilantro, and mixture from blender.
- Add salt and adjust to taste.
- Allow to sit 1-2 hours to blend flavors before serving.