Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
You want it hot? Here it is! Use all the chilies you've been growing in your garden. Just make sure you keep the kids away, cause this is like playing with fire!!!!
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 fresh jalapeno chiles, stem and pitch removed (seeds optional)
- 2 fresh habanero peppers, stem and pitch removed (seeds optional)
- 2 serrano chilies, stem and pitch removed (seeds optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Chop one of the tomatoes coarsely and place in a blender with one each of the jalapenos, habaneros, serranos, and the lime juice.
- Pulse until the mixture has broken down into a sauce.
- Chop the other tomato; also finely chop the remaining jalapeno, habanero, and serrano, placing all in a small bowl.
- Mix in onions, cilantro, and mixture from blender.
- Add salt and adjust to taste.
- Allow to sit 1-2 hours to blend flavors before serving.
my son made this and loved it, used all the peppers.....flames are still coming out of his mouth.
They say that one way to beat the heat is to eat food with lots of spice: will this certainly fits the bill!! And aside from the heat index being through the roof (I left the seeds in), it was flavourful, with a real nice tang from the lime juice. A great new salsa in my repertoire, thanks!
it is so hot that it is not for the faint of heart nor me.