This is a great after work fast meal as I just buy a whole barbecued chicken on my way home from work and use quick cooking rice. So you end up with a tasty meal with fresh vegetables cooked up in no time at all. I have listed the vegetables I used in this dish, as this is what I had left in the fridge that needed using up, so you can change vegetables and quantities. I usually make this with broccolini but I had some broccoli florets to use up so I used them instead.
- 1 barbecued chicken, shredded
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil (divided use)
- 4 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 fresh red chilies, sliced thinly, add as many seeds as you like
- 7 broccoli florets, chopped
- 120 g shiitake mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1 carrot, chopped finely (80g)
- 90 g snow peas, trimmed
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly
- 3 cups cooked rice, white long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce (I use blue dragon brand.)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ketjap manis (Sweet soy sauce)
- Heat 2 Teaspoon of peanut oil in a wok, add half the egg mixture, swirl to make a thin omelette. Remove omelette from wok, roll up then cut into thin strips. Repeat process using another 2 teaspoons of oil and remaining egg.
- Heat the remaining oil in wok, stir fry onion, garlic and chili, until onion softens, add broccoli, mushrooms and carrot, stir fry 1 miunte.
- Add sauces, snow peas, green onion, chicken and rice, stir-fry until vegetables are just tender and the dish is hot, add omelette, toss gently.
- Serve immediately.