Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Pepperfool.com website. 1st Traveler's Choice Internet Cookbook (www.virtualcities.com).
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 8 slices french toast or 8 slices other white bread, cut diagonally, each 1/3 inch thick
- 1⁄3 lb monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 cups salsa
- In a wide bowl, beat eggs and milk until well blended. Dip 4 slices of bread into egg mixture; turn to saturate. Arrange slices on lightly greased 12 x 15 inch baking sheet. Top bread evenly with cheese, then add green chilies and cilantro. Dip remaining slices in egg mixture, coating both sides. Top cheese-covered bread with plain slices to form 4 sandwiches.
- Bake in 400 degree oven until they begin to brown, about 12 minutes. With side spatula, turn over and continue baking until they are puffed and evenly browned, about 10 minutes longer. Cut in half crosswise. Transfer 2 halves to each of 4 plates; overlap one half over the other. Offer salsa.