Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 2 1⁄2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup corn oil or 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 -3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 425-degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine first 5 ingredients and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs slightly, and blend into mixture.
- Blend in buttermilk and oil.
- When well blended, add the remaining ingredients 1 at a time (the batter will be lumpy).
- Grease 2 (9 by 11-inch) pans, or 3 (8 by 10-inch) pans.
- Pour batter into pans, distribute evenly.
- Bake 30 to 45 minutes.
The best cornbread ive ever made!!