Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is another South Texas favorite!! Serve with tortilla chips and ice cold beer (or margarita)!!
- 1 cup asadero cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces jalapenos, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Heat ingredients over low heat, stirring constantly until the cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.
- *Asadero cheese is a white mexican cheese and is made by Cacique.
Made this for the family as we watched the Super Bowl. Kept it warm in the crock pot. DH (the son of a Texan) really loved it and asked for it again! Finding the Asadero cheese was "no problemo". It was available in the Mexican section of the grocery store. Thanks for a winner!
mmm mmm My mouth is watering just thinking about it! I was raised on the Texas gulf coast and now live in TN. I often make my own dishes to satisfy my Tex-Mex cravings. If you live in an area where mexican food items are not readily available, you can find Cacique cheeses at Wal-Mart near the ricotta cheese.