Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A good dip for a crowd. Serve with lots of tortilla chips for dipping and lots of tequila.
- 6 fresh green chilies, roasted, peeled, and cut in lengthwise slices
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons manteca mexican lard (or bacon drippings)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (or Longhorn cheese)
- salt, to taste
- Sauté chile and onion in the manteca or bacon drippings.
- Add garlic and cook until soft.
- Add tomatoes and cheese and heat until cheese melts.