Recipe by Heydarl
This is an amazing recipe if you like cheese. Try dunking red and green bell pepper strips and tortilla chips. From Sunset Mexican Cookbook.
- fried tortilla chips
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies or 1 jalapeno chile, diced
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded longhorn cheddar cheese or 1 cup chihuahua cheese or 1 cup edam cheese
- 6 medium green bell peppers or 6 medium red bell peppers, seeded and cut int 1/2 inch wide strips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3-4 quart pan, combine oil and onion.
- Cook, stirring, over medium heat until onion is soft (about 7 minutes).
- Add chilies and cream.
- Cook, stirring, until hot.
- Reduce heat to low and add cheese, stirring until melted.
- Pour into a chafing or fondue dish over a low flame or into a dish on an electric warming tray (low setting).
- Offer with bell pepper strips and tortilla chips.