Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This dip is so addicting, we eat this with Tostito tortilla chips. You can keep it warm in a mini crock pot. Not sure of the exact amount it makes so I'm just guessing. I got this recipe from a good friend Debbie. I melt my cheese in the microwave at 50% power. Be prepared that everyone is going to want this recipe!
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped chili peppers
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- Melt cheese.
- Peel tomatoes and chop coarsely.
- In frying pan melt butter and sauté garlic.
- Add tomatoes and peppers sauté briefly.
- Add flour, cream and salt.
- Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add melted cheese and mix well.
- Best to keep it warm while eating.
Good, tasty dip. DH is really enjoying this and basically having it for dinner! LOL. I used mild green chilis and couldn't find light cream so I used heavy cream. Next time I would drain the chilis and tomatoes before sauteeing. This was made for Pick A Chef spring 2008.