Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
These artichokes are easy, cheesy, spicy and delicious! You can double and triple the recipe.
- 2 medium artichokes
- 1 (8 ounce) four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) evaporated milk
- 1 (4 ounce) diced green chilies, drained
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- Rinse artichokes. Cut off stem and top third of petals - discard. With scissors, cut off tips of remaining petals. Rub lemon on artichokes to prevent from discoloring.
- Stand artichokes in large saucepan or pot. Add 3 inches of water. Heat to boiling. Reduce to simmer, cover and cook until petals pull out easily - 30 to 40 minutes, depending on size of artichoke.
- Drain upside down on a paper towel and let cool. Gently press center petals back. With a teaspoon, grapefruit spoon or melon baller, scrape out fuzzy choke in center and discard.
- In a medium microwaveable bowl, stir together cheeses, milk and chilies. Microwave on High until melted, stirring once, about 2 minutes. Stir in cilantro.
- Arrange artichokes on serving plate(s). Spoon hot cheese mixture into center of each artichoke. Garnish with additional cilantro, if you wish.
- Pull off petals, one at time, and dip in melted cheese. When you get to the heart, cut into bite-sized pieces to dip into cheese - Mmmmm!