Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy homemade con queso dip. Serve with tortilla chips.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup milk
- Saute onion and garlic in butter until soft.
- Add chilis, cook for 4 minutes.
- Turn heat to low.
- Slowly add cheeses and milk,a little at a time, stirring after each small addition.
We had Mexican night at our house and I made your queso dip. It was very easy and had a nice smooth texture. I liked it because it is mildly seasoned and I could eat it without drowning myself with water afterwards. I served with tortilla chips. Thanks Mizz Nezz.
Very easy to make. The taste is wonderful. DO NOT use skim milk! The texture wasn't so good from using skim milk.
Stringy, tasted good - just strange consistancy