Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great for any Mexican party
Make and share this Chile Con Queso recipe from Food.com.
- Saute onion and garlic in oil in a Dutch oven until tender but not brown.
- Stir flour and chili powder into onion mixture; cook over low heat 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add tomatoes and green chiles; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
- Add cheese and jalapeno pepper, if desired; cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with taco or tortilla chips.
Excellent flavour. This is as good as I've had at any restaurant. I added a pound of fried ground beef and used the "hot" Ro-Tel (so I omitted the jalapeno). I made this in my crockpot, and it worked great.