Recipe by Sue Lau
The chipotle chiles in this will give a nice flavor that you will positively love! If you like a milder queso you can omit the chiles and still have a tasty dip. :)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 2 canned chipotle chiles, chopped
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from can chipotle chile
- 1 cup canned diced tomato
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large saucepan and cook onions and garlic until translucent, but not browned.
- Add chiles, adobo sauce, and tomatoes, then lower heat.
- Add cheese, stirring until melted, being careful not to scorch on bottom.
- Slowly stir in sour cream.
- Cook until just heated; do not boil.
- Serve with tortilla chips or chopped vegetables.