Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
The chipotle chiles in this will give a nice flavor that you will positively love! If you like a milder queso you can omit the chiles and still have a tasty dip. :)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 2 canned chipotle chiles, chopped
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from can chipotle chile
- 1 cup canned diced tomato
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- Heat oil in large saucepan and cook onions and garlic until translucent, but not browned.
- Add chiles, adobo sauce, and tomatoes, then lower heat.
- Add cheese, stirring until melted, being careful not to scorch on bottom.
- Slowly stir in sour cream.
- Cook until just heated; do not boil.
- Serve with tortilla chips or chopped vegetables.
Purrrrfect! The chipotle peppers really add such a nice change of taste! This was enjoyed by all and will definitely be made over and over! Thanks SueL!
Wow Sue L, now this is some queso. We only used 1 chipotle because I guess we are a little on the whimpy side. Great spicy flavor. My husband and I both voted it 5-stars and we can't wait to serve this at out next party. Thanks.
I made this for a party I was hosting. I had never used chipolte chiles before (I searched & searched for chipoltle chiles in a can,couldnt find them so bought the chipolte peppers--I guess there the same??)Anyways, the dip was very good, and people who enjoy spicy things really liked it. I wish I would have know how spicy it was, I would have warned people...several people said it was too spicy for them. I LOVE spicy food, so thought it was great, will make again!Thanks for sharing.