Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My aunt who loves to cook spicy food, passed this down to me since I never had someone to show me how to cook out of my culture. She always helps me out. I really like this because it's spicy and delicious.
- 10 small green tomatillos
- 8 arbol chiles
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 garlic clove
- cut pork into small pieces.
- place them in a pan with water (filled to the top),add your garlic (or you'll have bad taste of pork).
- simmer on low for 1 1/2 hours.
- while the meat is cooking: place the chiles and tomatillos on a seperate pan to roast (make sure they do not burn, but just get a roasted on each side blend the tomatillos 2/3 cup of water and 1 tsp salt well,place aside).
- blend the chile arbol peppers with 1/3 cup of wate and 1 tsp salt, place aside when all the water is gone in the pan with the meat pour your oil and fry the pieces of meat slightly.
- first, pour in your tomatillo sauce and mix it.
- second,pour in your red chile sauce and mix it.
- simmer for 20 minutes.
- taste and add more salt if needed.
- serve with pinto beans and ranchero cheese.