Chile Colorado/Con Carne - Tucson's El Charro
- Cut the meat into 3/4" pieces. Put a handful at a time into a bag containing the flour, salt and pepper. Shake well. Repeat with the remaining meat.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add a batch of meat at a time into the hot oil, not overcrowding. Brown slowly.
- Add the Enchilada Sauce, garlic puree and oregano.
- Cook over low heat at least one hour, or until the meat is very tender, stirring frequently to prevent scorching. AAdd water if necessary.
- I put a lid on my pan, and cook the dish for several hours over the lowest possible heat. The meat must be tender!