Recipe by Queen uh Cuisine
The ultimate hangover food, these hash browns are simply chile-spiked crisped potatoes sprinkled with cilantro. Serve them with a fried egg on top and a side of perfect bacon for a breakfast that will chase away the craziest night of partying.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb russet potato, peeled and grated (see directions below)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet or frying pan over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, peel potatoes and grate on the large holes of a box grater. Squeeze mixture by the handful to release as much moisture as possible.
- Mix potatoes with chili powder and pepper until well combined.
- When oil shimmers, scatter potato mixture evenly in the pan and sprinkle salt over top.
- Cook until bottom of hash is golden brown and crisp, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Break hash into four pieces, flip, and cook until golden brown and crisp on the second side, about 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve immediately.