Recipe by peachez
Yummy snack with the sweetness of chocolate, the crunch and salt of the pretzels and the zing of the cayenne. I also use the peanut butter filled pretzels for the creaminess of the peanut butter. Awesome snack, they never last long. The cook time is one hour chill time. Adjust the Cayenne for more kick. Be careful not to burn the chocolate, stir well each time while cooking.
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips, chop coarsely
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening, not oil
- 36 pretzels
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a baking sheet, lined with foil or waxed paper.
- In a microsafe bowl, combine the chocolate, cayenne and shortening.
- Microwave on 50% power for 1 minute, remove and stir.
- Continue this process in 10 second increments until mixture is blended and smooth.
- Using a skewer, dip each pretzel one at a time into chocolate mixture making certain to coat each side.
- Place coated pretzels on lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate until chilled.