Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a Thai inspired stir fry from "Good Housekeeping" magazine.
Make and share this Chile Chicken With Basil Stir Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup quick-cooking brown rice
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons water
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Thai peppers or 1 serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken breast tenders, sliced thin crosswise
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup fresh basil, packed
- fresh basil, for garnish
- Prepare rice according to package directions, omitting any salt.
- Slice half the garlic thin and the other half mince.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet, over medium high heat, and add sliced garlic; cook until golden, about 10 seconds.
- Add green beans and 1/4 cup water; season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoons pepper.
- Cook until beans are crisp tender, about 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently; transfer to a bowl or plate.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil, over medium high heat, in the skillet; add chile pepper, chopped garlic; cook about 6 seconds.
- Add chicken, cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add fish sauce, soy sauce, 2 tablespoons water, cook 1 minute.
- Stir in basil and wilt, about 15 to 20 seconds.
- To serve: divide rice, green beans, and chicken between 4 plates; garnish with additional fresh basil leaves.