Recipe by Adie
I have made this recipe several times for parties and it is always greeted with rave reviews. Since it is made in the crockpot, it is easy to put together in the morning and forget until serving time.
Top Review by Starrynews
This is wonderful! The meat was so tender and juicy - I didn't even need to remove it from the pot to shred. I just stirred and it all fell apart. I used homemade red enchilada sauce. Thanks for sharing! PAC Spring '11
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄16 ounce taco seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 4 1⁄2 ounces chopped green chilies
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 10 ounces mild enchilada sauce
- 4 medium green onions, sliced
- 12 taco shells, warmed or 12 flour tortillas
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- olive (optional)
- shredded cheese, if desired (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 3-4 quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place chicken thighs in cooker. Sprinkle with taco seasoning mix and brown sugar; toss to coat. Mix in green chiles, corn and /2 cup of the enchilada sauce. Refrigerate remaining enchilada sauce.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 6-7 hours.
- Place chicken on cutting board; use 2 forks to pull chicken into shreds. Return chicken to cooker. Stir in green onions.Cover and cook on low heat setting 15 minutes.
- Heat remaining enchilada sauce. Serve chicken mixture in taco shells with toppings and warm enchilada sauce.