Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are delicious.
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (6 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced roasted red pepper (from a jar)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package flour tortillas, for burritos (8 tortillas)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (6 oz.)
- Heat oven to 350.
- Spray 13x9-inch (3 quart) glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In medium bowl, combine chicken, Monterey Jack cheese, roasted peppers, chiles and sour cream; mix well.
- Spread about 2 teaspoons enchilada sauce on each tortilla. Top each with 1/2 cup chicken mixture.
- Roll up tortillas; arrange, seam side down, in sprayed baking dish. Top enchiladas with any remaining enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Spray sheet of foil with cooking spray; cover baking dish with foil, sprayed side down.
- Bake 45 to 60 minutes or until thoroughly heated. If desired, remove foil during last 5 minutes of baking time. If desired, serve with lettuce, tomato, avocado and additional sour cream.
Very good I left out the red peppers and it came out great, thanks for the keeper!
Will definitely be keeping this one around. It was super easy to make, had great flavor combination, and everyone loved it ! Might try black olives instead of the roasted red peppers next time as an experiment, although the peppers were great. Thanks for a keeper !