Recipe by Twiggyann
I ran across this recipe over 10 years ago and instantly fell in love with it. To cut it down for only 2 people I use 2 chicken breasts and 1-2 onions and 1 bell pepper but I keep the full amount of spices. If you like spicy foods, I hope you try this.
Top Review by Diana #2
Anytime I see 'onions' my ears perk up. :) Fantastic chicken dish, and so quick and easy. The only change I made, was to leave out the cumin. (we don't like each other) I'll be making this again often. Thanks Twig #2 for another wonderful recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2009.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 bell peppers, cut into strips
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons hot chili peppers or 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil, add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add peppers, onions and spices. Mix well and cook covered over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the chicken with the lemon juice.
- At the end of the 10 minutes, add the chicken. Mix well and cook covered over medium heat for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.