Recipe by TigerJo~
This is a wonderful appetizer, and works well for potlucks too. I think I saw it in the Sunday paper advertising section about 10 years ago. If you can make your own fresh pico de gallo or salsa, wonderful, but if not, jarred salsa works just fine. Cooking time includes 1 hour chilling time.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (preferably sharp)
- 4 ounces diced green chilies (canned)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallions or 1⁄2 cup green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped black olives
- 4 (6 ounce) flour tortillas (fresh)
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, blend cheeses, chiles, scallions and olives.
- Spread 1/2c cheese mixture on each tortilla and roll up jelly-roll fashion.
- Wrap each roll tightly in plastic and chill at least one hour.
- Using a very sharp knife, cut each roll into twelve half-inch thick slices; serve with salsa.