Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a versatile recipe...you can serve it as a side dish or add a vegetable and salad and call it dinner!
- Place water and salt in a 2-quart pan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add rice and cover.
- When water resumes a full rolling boil, reduce heat and simmer until rice is aldente and all liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in chiles, pimentos, sour cream, jack cheese and 1/2 C.
- of the cheddar cheese.
- Pour rice mixture into a greased, shallow 1 1/2-quart casserole and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 C.
- cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350° oven for 30 minutes.
Very good rice dish, Judy. I didn't have any pimientos, so I diced up some roasted red peppers I had in the fridge. I also used fat-free sour cream, which worked just fine. It went very well with a southwest-style chicken dish I made.
Very very yummy! We all enjoyed this, even our 18 month old! Very easy too, and we didn't change a thing!
This was excellent! I made it to take to a potluck and had a couple requests for the recipe. One woman said her son doesn't like rice but he had multiple servings of this! I used cheddar-jack cheese and added 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper. Easy and delish - this one's a keeper! Thanks Jude!