Recipe by PaulaG
A great side dish. Serve instead of potatoes at your next barbecue. This recipe is from Seasoned with Sun Cookbook published by the Junior League of El Paso, TX.
Top Review by LittleJo
I use probably 3 to 4 times as much chopped New Mexico chile as called for, throw in some ground black pepper, and about half the salt. This is one of the best ways to serve grits. We LOVE them! Thanks for the post.
- 6 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups grits, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 eggs, beaten (can use egg substitute)
- 1 lb longhorn cheese, shredded
- 3 teaspoons savory salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 dash paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- In large saucepan, bring the water to a boil add grits and cook according to package directions.
- Add the remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Pour into a 9x12 inch dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and bake for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- The dish can be prepared in advance and refrigerated until ready to bake.