Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
modified from Parade magazine. I use leftover baked potatoes.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 10 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 (8 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 4 cups cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone
- 1 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 potatoes, cooked and sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place butter in a 9 X 13 inch baking dish. Place pan in oven until butter is melted. Pour half the butter into a small bowl and set aside.
- Beat eggs and egg whites in a large bowl. Stir in flour, baking powder, chiles, all cheeses, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Layer potato slices on bottom of pan.
- Pour egg mixture into baking pan.
- Pour reserved butter evenly over the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 F and bake 35 to 40 mn. or until casserole is set.