Recipe by Chris Reynolds
This is a recipe from Nick Jonas. It was published in Parade. I have halved the recipe for my family, but it can easily be doubled for a nice brunch.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mascarpone or 1⁄4 cup cream cheese
- 1⁄2 lb shredded monterey jack cheese
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Place butter in a 8"x8" baking pan. Place pan in oven until butter is melted. Pour half the butter into a small bowl and set aside.
- Beat eggs lightly in a large bowl. Stir in flour, baking powder, chiles, all cheeses, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour egg mixture into pan. Pour reserved butter evenly over the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350F and bake 35 to 40 minutes or until set.