Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A great side dish to chili or stews. Great by itself as a snack. Simple to make. Always a crowd pleaser.
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 2 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced mild green chilies (you can substitute chopped jalepenos for an extra kick)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a 9x9 square baking dish. (I use stoneware).
- Combine all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- You can top with a little extra cheese, if desired.
- Bake 25 minutes at 400 degrees or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with butter.
- This can also be made in muffin tins.
- Variation: Add crumbled crisp bacon and 1/2 cup sour cream.
Fast prep for a nice tasting cornbread! Liked the addition of green chili, & with it I used a mild cheddar! Very enjoyable, & thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]