Recipe by Alskann
A great side dish to chili or stews. Great by itself as a snack. Simple to make. Always a crowd pleaser.
Top Review by MICHELE S.
I made this recipe this morning. It did not cook through in 25 min, the cheese on top burned and it was not as flavorful as I had hoped to be. Made for company coming for lunch and not happy.
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 2 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced mild green chilies (you can substitute chopped jalepenos for an extra kick)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a 9x9 square baking dish. (I use stoneware).
- Combine all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- You can top with a little extra cheese, if desired.
- Bake 25 minutes at 400 degrees or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with butter.
- This can also be made in muffin tins.
- Variation: Add crumbled crisp bacon and 1/2 cup sour cream.