Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A tasty, zesty Mexican-style cornbread.
Make and share this Chile Cheese Cornbread recipe from Food.com.
- Thaw the corn.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and butter a 9-inch cast-iron skillet.
- Cut cheese into slices about 1/4 inch thick.
- Slice the peppers.
- Combine cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in corn.
- Melt the butter.
- Mix together eggs, sour cream and melted butter.
- Pour mixture into cornmeal mixture and stir until combined but still bumpy.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared skillet.
- Cover with the cheese and peppers.
- Pour in the remaining batter and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30-40 minutes.
- Serve warm from the skillet.