1 hr 5 mins
A tasty, zesty Mexican-style cornbread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thaw the corn.
- 2Preheat oven to 375 degrees and butter a 9-inch cast-iron skillet.
- 3Cut cheese into slices about 1/4 inch thick.
- 4Slice the peppers.
- 5Combine cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- 6Stir in corn.
- 7Melt the butter.
- 8Mix together eggs, sour cream and melted butter.
- 9Pour mixture into cornmeal mixture and stir until combined but still bumpy.
- 10Pour half of the batter into the prepared skillet.
- 11Cover with the cheese and peppers.
- 12Pour in the remaining batter and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30-40 minutes.
- 13Serve warm from the skillet.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chile Cheese Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.9
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 77.5 mg
- Sodium 336.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 5.7 g