Leslie in Texas's Note:
A cheesy, good Mexican-influenced rice dish. I've served this often with great success. Originally from a local Methodist church cookbook from 20 plus years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Mix sour cream, green onions and chilies.
- 3Season rice with salt and pepper.
- 4Spray a 1 1/2 quart casserole with cooking spray and cover with half of the rice.
- 5Add a layer of half of the sour cream mixture and cover with half of the grated cheese.
- 6Repeat layers starting with rice and ending with cheese.
- 7Bake in a 350° oven until bubbly and the top is lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- 8This can be assembled ahead and baked when ready.
- 9Increase baking time if refrigerated, covering the top with foil if it browns too quickly.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chile Cheese and Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 482.2
- Calories from Fat 291
- Total Fat 32.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.2 g
- Cholesterol 82.6 mg
- Sodium 478.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 15.7 g