- 1 -3 serrano peppers or 1 -3 jalapeno chile, seeded and minced
- 1 -2 ancho chili
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak ancho chiles in warm water for 30 minutes or until soft; remove from water saving 1/2 cup of liquid; remove stems and seeds and discard; then chop anchos into small pieces.
- Combine all remaining ingredients (including chopped anchos) and the reserved 1/2 cup of liquid (from soaking anchos).
- Place marinade over steaks (a resealable ziplock bag works nicely) for up to 12 hours (refrigerated).
- After marinating, bring steaks to room temperature, remove from marinade, pat dry with paper toweling, and prepare as desired.
- Makes about 1 cup of marinade, enough for several steaks.