Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
KILLER! Puts plain Rotel Dip to shame.
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies (Ro-tel)
- 2 tablespoons Corona beer
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, diced
- 1⁄4 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sliced scallion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1 plum tomato (seeded and chopped)
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- Stir together diced tomatoes and green chiles, beer, cumin, chili powder, salt, black pepper, and garlic. Bring to boil over mudium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Add diced Velveeta and whisk until melted.
- Transfer dip to serving bowl and top with grated Monterey Jack, scallions, cilantro, tomato, and jalapeno. Squeeze juice of 1/2 lime over top.
- Serve with tortilla chips.