Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is in answer to a request. It has fresh roasted chiles instead of canned. I have not made this recipe, but it sounds good.
- Roast and peel chile, remove stems and seeds, (or use canned or frozen).
- Place alternate layers of chile and cheese in a greased baking dish.
- Leave enough cheese to sprinkle on top.
- Beat the eggs slightly, add milk and salt.
- Pour over the chile and cheese.
- Mix melted butter and crackers together.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese and the buttered cracker crumbs on top.
- Bake at 325ºF for 15-20 minutes.