Miss Annie's Note:
This is in answer to a request. It has fresh roasted chiles instead of canned. I have not made this recipe, but it sounds good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roast and peel chile, remove stems and seeds, (or use canned or frozen).
- 2Place alternate layers of chile and cheese in a greased baking dish.
- 3Leave enough cheese to sprinkle on top.
- 4Beat the eggs slightly, add milk and salt.
- 5Pour over the chile and cheese.
- 6Mix melted butter and crackers together.
- 7Sprinkle remaining cheese and the buttered cracker crumbs on top.
- 8Bake at 325ºF for 15-20 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chile and Cheese Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 523.8
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 218.0 mg
- Sodium 1743.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 25.3 g