1/4 Photos of Chilaquiles with Chicken
Kirstin in the Couv's Note:
This casserole comes from the "Los Barrios Family Cookbook" and although it is tasty with just plain chicken, it is elevated to sublime using Canary Girl's Chicken Verde. Just make sure you drain any excess liquid off the chicken. Assemble the dish right before baking -- if you do it in advance, the sauce may make the tortilla strips soggy. You can buy green tomatillo sauce in cans, but I have also posted Los Barrios recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2To make the fried tortilla strips, slice corn tortillas into thin strips.
- 3Fry in a large skillet of hot oil until light golden brown and crisp, watching carefully so they do not burn.
- 4Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- 5To assemble the casserole, spread the corn strips on the bottom of a 9x13" baking dish.
- 6Place the chicken on top and cover with the sauce, then top with cheese.
- 7Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- 8Spread the sour cream over the top of the casserole and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilaquiles with Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.1
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 84.7 mg
- Sodium 177.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 21.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
corn tortilla strips
green tomatillo sauce