Recipe by Pinay0618
This is an easy, meatless Mexican style dinner that's also pretty low-cal! From Eating Well.
Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
Great recipe! I used a homemade enchilada sauce and finely chopped the zucchini. I used American cheese and loved the creaminess it gave. This was really good on top of a green salad! I will make this often. Thanks Sweet Jezebel-
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh corn or 1 1⁄2 cups thawed frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 corn tortillas, quartered
- 1 (19 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in zucchini, beans, tomatoes, corn, cumin and salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Scatter half the tortilla pieces in the baking dish. Top with about half the vegetable mixture, about half the enchilada sauce and half the cheese. Repeat with one more layer of tortillas, vegetables, sauce and cheese. Cover with foil.
- Bake the casserole for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking until the casserole is bubbling around the edges and the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes more.