Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I love this dish. If you like a little or a lot spicy, you may like this. Fix it to your liking.
- 8 corn tortillas
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 serrano chili pepper
- 1⁄4 onion
- 3 springs cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresco cheese
- Cut corn tortillas however desired.
- Fry in oil until crispy then drain on brown paper bag.
- Roast tomatoe, onion, chile and garlic until a little black.
- Blend together with cilantro and salt.
- In separtate bowl add eggs and salt, maybe a little milk.
- Blend well.
- May need a little more oil when adding eggs to pan.
- Cook a little then add tortilla.
- After it's done add the salsa right on top and mix it inches.
- Add cheese.
This is one of my favorite dishes. We have made this forever! We make it pretty much the same but we add cooked onions with the fresco cheese when serving.
I made this to go with dinner tonight, it was VERY good. My tomatoes had gone bad, so I had to use sundried tomatoes soaked in olive oil, but they turned out very well anyway...I also used white corn tortilla's. They didn't get really crisp, but I found that I liked them that way. I am going to heat up the left-overs for breakfast!