1/1 Photo of Chilaquile Casserole
1 hr 5 mins
A comforting lunch or dinner dish. This easy to make casserole is a great way to use up leftover tortillas. Canned mild green chilies add juts the right amount of heat-even for finicky kids.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 12 corn tortillas, torn into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans chopped green chilies
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-low heat.
- 3Add onions and garlic and cook for 5 minutes until tender.
- 4Grease 11x7-inch baking dish.
- 5Spread half the tortillas along bottom of baking dish.
- 6Sprinkle half the cheese and 1 can chilies over top.
- 7Sprinkle onion mixture over chilies.
- 8Repeat layering with remaining tortillas, cheese and chilies.
- 9Whisk eggs, buttermilk, salt, pepper, cumin and oregano in medium bowl.
- 10Pour over casserole.
- 11Bake 45 minutes until set and browned on top.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilaquile Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.2
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 177.7 mg
- Sodium 553.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 20.0 g