Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Something new to try for breakfast or brunch!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green peppers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped tomatoes, without skin or seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated monterey jack cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 4 pieces toast
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Add the green pepper and onion and cook, stirring, until soft.
- Add the tomatoes and stir over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the salt, cayenne pepper, and cheese.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the cheese melts.
- Combine milk and egg.
- Add to cheese mixture and stir briskly.
- Cook 1 minute more, and spoon over pieces of toast.
This was breakfast this morning. Very tasty and so easy. It had just a bit of a kick from the cayenne but not too much.
I made this for breakfast this morning and it was delicious, and so easy to prepare. I used gouda cheese. Next time I make it I will try the cheddar.
This is a fabulous recipe! I've made something like this for years :) The cayenne adds just enough of a kick, and the peppers are wonderful! Try using red capsicum too, and even try adding a bit of parsley, you wont regret it! :) I usu. add freshly ground black pepper, too!