Recipe by NELady
This recipe is from Cooking With 4 Ingredients by Jean Coates, c. 2002. Simple, easy. I have copied the recipe as written - but when I made these I warmed the taco shells in the oven, boiled the hot dogs, and then put the whole thing together without the microwave. Do whatever is easiest for you.
Top Review by weekend cooker
A VERY GOOD RECIPE. I did leave out the tomato though. The kids and I really enjoyed this. A wonderful quick fixing recipe, that should be tried. Made for 1-2-3 hit Wonders.
- 1 (10 ounce) can hot dog sauce
- 1 (10 count) package frankfurters
- 10 preformed taco shells
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped onion (optional)
- diced tomato (optional)
- shredded lettuce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put hot dog sauce in a saucepan and cook at medium heat until hot.
- Place a frank in each taco shell. Top with the heated chili sauce and cheese.
- Place in microwave and and heat for 30 seconds or until the frankfurters are warm.
- Top franks with onions, tomatoes and lettuce (optional).