Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an easy and tasty appetizer. It works well for a crowd, and you can jazz it up by adding some hot sauce, or you could add some jalapeño peppers. It's easy to make.
- 1 lb well-seasoned sausage
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies (purchase whole chilies, and chop them yourself, it's usually cheaper)
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated
- In a large skillet, crumble sausage and brown.
- Drain off all fat.
- Spread refried beans in ungreased, shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- Layer with sausage, chilies, then grated cheeses.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through.