Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This easy recipe just about fills up our six quart crock pot, and lasts our two 8lb. Chihuahuas for quite a while. I freeze all the leftovers into pre-measured servings so all I have to do is defrost the next day's meal overnight in the fridge.
- 1 lb dried lentils
- 2 cups rice
- 1 lb turkey or 1 lb beef
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen peas and carrots
- 1 (16 ounce) bag green beans
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Put dried lentils and rice in crock pot.
- Fill crock pot up with warm water until there is about two inches of water above the beans and rice. The crock pot should be on the highest setting for it to cook the fastest.
- Cook the turkey or beef in a skillet until browned.
- Add meat to lentils and rice and stir together in crock pot.
- Once the lentils and rice are fulled cooked,.
- shut off the crock pot and stir in your frozen vegetables.
- The last step is measuring and freezing the individual servings for easy feeding to your dog.