Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I made this up because I love salsa verde and I thought it would be good with chicken. Hope you like it!
- 4 chicken thighs, skin and bone in
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa verde (I like Herdez brand)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove any excess skin or fat from thighs and place them in a glass baking dish.
- Cover thighs with foil and bake for 45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix salsa verde with sour cream.
- After the 45 minutes, take the chicken out of the oven and pour the salsa mix over them.
- Put chicken back in the oven without the foil and bake for 20 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese.
Good but not much flavor. The chicken was moist. Made a few minor changes. Baked at 400. Subbed boneless skinless chicken breasts. Added the salsa verde at the start and after 45 min stirred in the sour cream. Baked another 20 min, uncovered added cheese and baked another 5 minutes. Served with corn and tomato and additional sour cream. The whole meal together was good.